Beautification and Recreation
Beautification and recreation are two of the most sought after uses for lakes and ponds. BioHaven® Floating Islands can be used in a variety of ways to create beautiful picturesque waterscapes and provide for recreational fun.
THE BIOHAVEN® ADVANTAGE
- Creates Naturally Beautiful Waterscapes
- Nutrient/ Algae Reductions
- Habitat Enhancement
- Fisheries Enhancement
- Terrestrial or Aquatic Vegetation
- Customizable Sizes and Shapes
- Easy to Install
- Little Maintenance
STANDARD BIOHAVEN® FLOATING ISLANDS
Choose from our ready built islands below, or specify a modular solution for larger projects.
Standard rectangular islands come in sizes
ranging from 40-400 square feet
Kidney Shaped Islands come in sizes
ranging from 35-300 square feet
Standard Islands are approximately 7 inches thick and manufactured to support 12 pounds per square feet of buoyancy. These Islands are only able to support small animals and plant life. Plant holes are cut in 2.5″ or 4″ diameter.
Duck hunters everywhere are excited to learn about Martin Ecosystems’ most recent product using patented BioHaven® Floating Technology: the BioHaven® Floating Duck Blind.
- Camouflaged into its natural surroundings, the BioHaven® Floating Duck Blind enables the hunter a closer first shot.
- Pre-drilled plant holes allow for easy planting. In just 2 growing seasons, brushing your blind will be a thing of the past as vegetation roots into the matrix material and continues to grow year after year.
- Due to its lightweight material and floating design, the duck blind can be towed or moved to various locations.
- 3 or 5 Man Blind
- 2 Dog Kennels
- Bench Seating
- Gun Holders
- Hand Rails for Easy Entry
BioHaven® Floating Technology provides a strong and stable foundation for a variety of uses. Martin Ecosystems can design, manufacture and install boat docks, fishing platforms, kayak landings or a custom dock to suit your needs.
Our floating docks are manufactured by decking the same durable PET matrix used to make BioHaven® Floating Technology. They are decked with treated wood or plastic lumber. By using the same matrix material, the floating docks offer similar benefits to reducing unwanted pollutants and nutrients.
All Martin Ecosystems products are manufactured using a durable non-woven recycled Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic called matrix. 100% of the fiber comes from post-consumer and industrial recycled wastes. The primary source of this material is recycled water and soda bottles. No phenol-formaldehyde resins are used in the binding process and the matrix has been tested and is non-toxic to fish.
To learn more about these products, or to discuss your next project, contact Martin Ecosystems today.